Hotels and Guest Houses
Hotel and Guest House Fire Alarm
Securi-Guard Fire and Security have a number of cost effective wired and wireless fire alarm systems to meet the requirements of your risk assessment and the Regulatory Reform Order (RRO). The guides address sleeping accommodation for staff, common areas for residents and sleeping, dining or other accommodation for guests/residents including:
The RRO Act covers all types of sleeping accommodations types.
Please see: http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/fire/firesafetyrisk4 for full information.
Fire Detection and Warning Systems
Virtually all premises that this guide applies to will need a fire detection and warning system incorporating automatic fire detection, sounders and manually operated call points (break-glass boxes). Dependent of the Risk Assessment these would be required to meet BS 5839-1:2002 or BS 5839-6:2004. Different ranges of equipment meet these two standards.
In simple, premises of limited size/occupation e.g. ground and first floor with a small number of guest/residents, an alternative system of interconnected smoke alarms or point detectors, incorporating interconnected manual call points and, where necessary separate sounders may be acceptable.
In more complex premises, such as the sleeping areas of hotels, boarding schools or student accommodation, you will probably need an automatic fire detection and warning system with a control panel which is able to identify either the zone or the specific location where the alarm has been raised. The control panel (or a repeat panel) should be located near the entrance to the premises.
If you would like to discuss your fire and/or security requirements and the services you are interested in please contact the Fire Alarms Manager today, or call on 01752 512120.
- 15th May 2015: New keyholding and 24/7 response service commenced to a residential property in South Brent, Devon
- 15th May 2015: New fire system testing service commenced to an empty retail site Plymouth, Devon
- 15th May 2015: 24/7 monitored iwitness wireless alarm system installed on to scaffold on a premise in Plymouth, Devon
- 14th May 2015: New keyholding and 24/7 response service commenced to a commercial property in Torquay, Devon
- 8th May 2015: 24/7 monitored intruder and fire alarm systems installed in to a commercial building in Plymouth, Devon
- 6th May 2015: 24/7 monitored intruder alarm system installed in to a domestic property in Totnes , Devon
- 6th May 2015: New 24/7 keyholding and response service commenced to a commercial site in Plymouth, Devon
- 1st May 2015: New 24/7 monitored iwitness wireless alarm system installed in to a property owned by a mining company in Plymouth, Devon
I just wanted to feedback to you the fantastic level of service we consistently receive from Adam.
Read More Testimonials